Professional Life Coaching
1. What is life coaching?
Life coaching is a partnership between you and your coach designed to tap into your full potential; it’s a conversation that creates a safe place for you to share your experiences with honesty, without judgment or pressure. (And it’s not just for executive suites).
2. What is Christian life coaching?
Life coaching alone can product life changing thought patterns, remove negative ideas of self, and help create a stronger version of yourself. But by adding the power of God’s word and whether you have a little or a lot of knowledge about Christ know that you can explore how he is calling you into, through, and out of particular circumstances and issues. Together we see where you are and explore where God wants you to be.
Your work with Christian coaching is considered holistic because you are a whole person: physical, mental, spiritual, and emotional.
3. Why do I need a coach?
Most of the time as individuals we already know what our issues or circumstances are we simply need help to determine what and how to go about untangling ourselves.
If your issue or circumstance causes you to feel or think about any of the following a professional coach will help sort out solutions.
Something is amiss…..
- You recognize there is a gap between where you are and where you want to be
- You want to change and grown through your issue or circumstances
- You have ideas, goals, and dreams you want to accomplish
- You want to hone your focus and create your life vision
- You want to be challenged and stretched to fulfill your potential
4. Why does life coaching work?
Life coaching will work if you bring your commitment to the process, your willingness to try new ideas, and your desire to make genuine changes. (Notice this hinges on you).
Your success is accomplished in a few steps. They are:
- Accountability– Regularly scheduled calls, emails, texts or other methods of communication establish an atmosphere of accountability; all this is intended to support, boost, and encourage you to go after your goals set by you during your session.
- Leadership Skills– As your coach, I am responsible for asking the questions, using words and/or phrases that resonate with you all of which is to get you to think, feel, and discover more about yourself and your circumstances.
- Delivery – This is a partnership and relationship it is only as good as what we both bring to the conversation.
5. How is Coaching different from Consulting, Therapy and Mentoring?
If you are wondering what the difference is between coaching, consulting, therapy (counseling) and mentoring are here is your answer.
Consulting v. Coaching
- Consultants have specific knowledge and experience in a one area and are skilled at providing instructions, methodologies and implementation of solutions.
- Life coaching can be considered a form of consulting; however, coaching is lead by your needs, ideas, suggestions and goals. The client is seeking a desirable outcome and willing to put in effort, time and work.
Therapy v. Coaching
- Coaching is not psychotherapy. Life coaches are not psychologists or therapists; however some psychologists and therapists can be coaches. Those individuals will be trained in both a negative and positive psychology treatments.
- Life Coaches do not work on previous or past issues or concerns and do not seek to reconcile or heal past events.
- Life coaching or any coaching is best when the client is aware of their present circumstances, not fighting their issues, and has decided to move forward growing as an individual.
Mentoring v. Coaching
- Mentoring is the guidance and on-the-job exposure for your particular career field. Tips, ideas, and suggestions are based on what your mentor learned and is willing to pass to you.
- Coaching would not be mentoring unless another coach wanted to review techniques with another coach.
6. How will my life benefit as I receive coaching?
Depends on your willingness to take charge of your choices. However, you can expect some of the following changes, but are not limited too:
- You will create and take effective and focused actions immediately
- You will change your momentum on projects and desires and reap the rewards of corresponding results
- We will use the SMART (Specific, Measured, Attainable, Realistic, Time Frame) goal system. It is pretty straight forward and you should have pretty quick responses from yourself
- You will experience growth in personal, professional and spiritual areas during your coaching journey
7. How often will we meet?
Up to you. I have one-hour sessions, email coaching, self-study packages, multiple month work or day-long intensive sessions.
8. How and where do we meet?
The wonder of coaching. We meet via Skype, over the phone, Zoom, and if local in person. This allows for you to continue your busy life, but keep in contact with me as needed. Even from abroad.
9. Do I have assignments between sessions?
Depends on what you come up with and need. You can safely bet there will be work to do between sessions.
10. Are you available to talk with me between sessions?
Yes. You may contact me through email or text once between sessions. Always ask questions!
11. How do I pay for my sessions?
PayPal – Full payment is required prior to the coaching session.
12. What is your cancellation policy?
I would ask for at least 24 hours prior notice to your appointment. If you cancel inside 24 hours time you will forfeit your session and payment of that session. However, life happens and so long as you make an effort to cancel in a timely manner I will reschedule your appointment time.
13. What is your refund policy?
I provide a professional service and product and generally do not offer refunds.
Blessing, Peace & Have a Great Day!